Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Worth the wait.

This was written back in May - guess in all the excitement I forgot to post it:

I have been bursting at the seams. Like money burning a hole in my pocket. The anticipation of your first kiss. The agony of sitting through the previews to see a long-awaited movie. The wait for an entire bag of kettle corn to cook without burning or for fresh baked cupcakes to cool so you can frost and indulge. Or, better yet, like a child having to wait to open the mound of birthday gifts that seems to be taunting with every glimmer of that special, shiny paper. Bursting with anticipation, I tell you! In my opinion, my husband's request (or more like a threat) for me to wait a-month-and-a-half to share the news has been pure torture. Agony in my gut. But, it was well worth it. The joy of telling his family in person, to see their expressions and hear their congratulatory cheers is something I will never forget. Then, we got the chance to tell my parents and their reactions were pretty spot-on to what I anticpated: mom screamed, dad cried. There are so few moments like that in life - moments that seem to transform your relationship with those around you. Moments that connect you to people in ways you didn't know were possible. No longer are we the cute college lovebirds, the newlywed couple, the young couple. We're (going to be) parents.

P A R E N T S...

And that, my friends, is a big deal! So big that it was hard to keep to myself all this time. Now that I have the "go ahead" I feel like running through the streets and shouting it from the rooftops. Why not a mass text or email or, god forbid, a facebook alert. Alert the media: Baby Garvey on the way! :) Like so many things in life, it was difficult to wait, but so worth it in the end.

*PS. If he thinks I'm going to keep the sex of the baby under wraps after we find out, he's got another thing coming. Better watch yourself, Mr. Garvey - one must pick his battles! Ha ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment