Thursday, June 2, 2011

Our little secret.

written 4/11/11

Dear Baby G,

Last night your papa and I realized that you were on the way. You should have seen his face - it was all full of shock and awe. I was so nervous, I couldn't even read the stick. He had to do it. I swear his eyes tripled in size. After staring at it for a good 30 seconds, he said "I think you're definitely pregnant" and we stared at each other with wide-eyes and wildly-beating hearts. Immediately, a 2nd stick was in order. It turned into a pink plus sign basically the moment I touched the box :) It is finally real. We are expecting! We have wanted you for a really long time. It's just a shock to find out you're actually going to make your appearance in 30-some weeks and instantly transform us from newlyweds to a family. We welcome this change with open arms and shaky hands. This is a good time for you to learn that every change in life comes with a good mix of anticipation and anxiety. We are nervous about the unknown, but marvel at the fact that we are going to be parents. You are so special. We talk about you all the time, our little secret. We love you even more.

Love,

Your mama

2 comments:

  1. This made me cry. 'nough said. mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying too. Happy tears.
    Vegas mom

    ReplyDelete