Sunday, June 19, 2011

Who likes lemons?

I am officially in my second trimester. The nausea has lightened up, with the exception of toothpaste. I bought some Pepsodent cinnamon toothpaste to see if a different non-mint flavor would help. Let's face it, nobody wants me to walk around with dragon breath. That's not cute.

In the 14th week, the uterus starts to make it's appearance above the pubic bone pushing your tummy out a tad. Doc says this is when I will start to feel like I am getting fat, not looking more pregnant. It's the awkward in-between stage. I wouldn't say any of that is bothering me yet. The only evidence I have is my lower abdomen feeling fuller. When I stretch, when I put on jeans, when I take a shower, I can feel the bulkiness. Last night was the first time it became uncomfortable to sleep on my stomach. That will take some getting used to.

Baby G is now 3.5 inches, about the size of a lemon, and weighs in around 1.5 ounces. This week's big developments include grimacing, squinting, frowning, peeing and sucking his/her thumb! By the end of this week, his or her arms will have grown out in proportion to the rest of the body. The kidneys can now produce urine, the liver has started to produce bile, and the spleen is producing red blood cells. Although I can't feel it, supposedly baby is kicking and punching up a storm! Lastly, Baby G is developing a lanugo (ultra-fine downy covering of hair) all over his or her body.

Seems like baby is doing more work than I am! It's a team effort, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment