Thursday, June 2, 2011

Bananas, Apples and Pineapple...Oh my!

written 4/20/11

If you are what you eat, I'm having a watermelon. Or a pineapple (ouch!). Or maybe an apple?? I'll explain...

I am a reckless, produce-crazed maniac. It's like I just can't get enough fruits and green veggies. Pure craziness! I went to the store for a couple pieces of chicken and a cucumber. I then walked out with 8 apples, 8 plums, 5 oranges, 2 heads of lettuce, 2 cucumbers, 4 ears of corn, a half-pound of fresh green beans annnnnnd those 2 chicken breasts. My husband looked at me as if I'd just escaped from the looney bin but was proud that everything was so healthy. As if all that goodness wasn't enough to jam-up our fridge, after the gym Lindsi and I returned to the same store and I left with a watermelon, a pineapple, a bunch of bananas (which I normally despise by the way) and strawberries. This is nuts!! I have never been so into fresh food in my life. I have even been shopping at New Seasons for more of the organic produce. Yes, it's not budget friendly but Baby G is worth it! They say your body craves what it needs. So...about $40 later, I'm glad what my body is saying I need is healthy food! Baby gets what baby wants :)

3 comments:

  1. baby is DEFINITELY worth it! keep shopping at new seasons. the bub doesn't need all those pesticides and waxes that they spray over the produce at other stores.

    keep up with the produce- it's the best thing you can do for your little person right now. see...?! you're already such a good mama!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. you give my grand baby everything it wants now, cause, when he or she makes their appearance I get to give it everything it wants!! Wahoo for being a grandparent!! gramma barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are what you eat so don't feel guilty about spending money on healthy food.
    Love, Vegas mom

    ReplyDelete