Monday, June 27, 2011

My personal hulk.

This weekend I learned what it means to really be loved. I don't just mean the I-love-you-because-you're-my-wife love, but the real I-love-you-and-would-do-anything-for-you love. In the midst of my hormonal rage Sunday regarding the stress of the move and the stress of being pregnant (and let's face it, the stress of moving while pregnant smack-dab in the middle of allergy season), and being forced to do it all basically by ourselves, my husband stepped up to be the man I know he is. The man I fell in love with, the man I married. He talked me through my hysterical cry fest without judgment or anger. And boy, was I a sight to see...you know, the kind of cry that is accompanied by the ugly-cry-face, the puffy red eyes, the deep sobs and the can-barely-catch-your-breath gasping. It was a full-blown toddler breakdown on a 26 year old woman. Not my brightest moment. But I got through it and it's all because of him.

For 7 hours I watched him pack boxes and load furniture (dressers, desks, bed, coffee table, etc) by himself that really should have been moved by two people. He wouldn't let me help him since I am not supposed to lift things over like 30 pounds or something. (Pregnancy is weird). So I packed and organized and cleaned what I could. I offered to help but it was consistently denied. I resorted to carrying the light boxes and as I'd watch him transform into the incredible hulk to carry the dresser or the desk, I felt so lucky and so bad for him all at the same time. He is such a special person and shouldn't have to be alone all the time.

Bottom line: Kevin is amazing. Even if something isn't easy or enjoyable, he does it with a smile and a giving heart. He sets out to tackle something and just doesn't stop until it's done. Kevin really does anything and everything he can for me. He makes sure, through the little things and the big, that I feel loved and appreciated and special and protected. And he has made it his special mission that Baby G is always safe, too. Yesterday, through an event as ordinary as moving, he showed me what it really means to love your spouse.

************
[When we move out of my parents and the storage unit into our next place in a few months, we've (aka me) decided to go with a moving company. And the tired, worn-out husband agreed. They will unload the unit into a truck and take it to our next destination because, let's face it, in 4 months I will definitely be worthless in the helping-to-move department and you can't ever rely on other people. That lesson has been officially learned.]

1 comment:

  1. Yes, Kevin IS amazing. I'm sorry for your meltdown and wish I could have been there to help. You guys are so very lucky to have one another. See you soon.
    Love, Vegas Mom

    ReplyDelete