Tuesday, June 7, 2011

This is what I was feeling back in April:

written 4/26

I've heard people say "you don't know what tired is until you have a newborn" but I assure you, I'm on my way. I've never been more tired in my life. Taking a shower makes me exhausted. Walking to get the mail? Exhausted. Grocery shopping? Forgetaboutit. Last week, I even crawled under my desk at work in a desperate attempt to get a few minutes of shut eye on my break. Yesterday, I got off work at 4.30 and slept until 7.30, ate a little bit, then went back to bed at 10pm. I still woke up exhausted. I'm sure it also doesn't help that I wake up multiple times per night/early morning to pee. I literally don't think I'm even drinking as much water as I'm expelling. The little babe sure it taking alot out of me, but this too shall pass.

I feel nauseous during every minute of every day. I swear I can even feel it gurgling around in my stomach when I'm sleeping. Thankfully, there haven't been many puking episodes which is good. Nobody likes to puke. Hopefully this will only last for a couple more weeks. Water and sips of ginger ale tend to help, but it never totally goes away. Delightful.

I've been dropping weight like crazy...without even trying! I associate this weight loss with the fact that my nausea makes food look absolutely unappealing. Even the thought of some of my favorite foods (including the little vices like McDonald's french fries). I try to take a few bites of something every couple of hours (mostly fruit and dry cereal) but overall, my caloric intake has totally dropped. I wake up every morning to step on the scale and see that number go down, down, down. If only it'd always been this easy.

Pills. I hate taking pills. It doesn't help that I now have to take one folic acid daily and a redonkulously huge prenatal vitamin. It's not my favorite, but I do it. Baby needs it and what baby needs, baby gets.

Overall, these side effects of pregnancy stink but it will be all worth it in the end. I just keep telling myself that THIS TOO SHALL PASS. Not sure if it's true, but I am tricking myself into believing it.

1 comment:

  1. instead of taking the ginormous horse prenatal pills, you can take the children's chewables. ask your doc how many, but it's the same thing. just make sure you keep up with the folic acid supplement.

    hang in there, lil mama! you're cookin' up a BABY! xoxo

    ReplyDelete