Monday, June 13, 2011

We're excited. We are!

At our last ultrasound, I said "wow...so the baby's still in there, huh?" and the nurse show me a look of shock. I thought for sure my uterus would be empty. I didn't feel anything so it seemed to be a big joke. After the appointment, my mom even said "were you guys more excited about this at your last ultrasound?" because we weren't grinning from ear to ear. It's just so surreal still. So, let me clarify: I am excited about the baby but it's hard to believe it's there. Even with photos to reinforce the idea, I forget. I think being pregnant is going to be easier (and more fun!) once I can start to see and feel the little munchkin. Right now, the baby is kind of a distant thought most of the time. I am excited to be a mother, but the side effects of pregnancy take away little bits of that excitement every day. Once I can start feeling baby move or see baby pop out my tummy a bit, it will be more exciting. And it will seem more real. The baby is amazing, and wanted, and loved, but it's still crazy-freaking weird! As far as the excitement factor, we are excited. Maybe we're just a little quieter about it than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment