Friday, September 30, 2011

Money well spent.

We moved in to our new townhouse in Canby on Monday. Kevin spent the day at the house and the storage unit directing the movers on where to put all of our things. They carried all the heavy stuff upstairs and tried to put all the boxes in a central area so it would be easier for Kevin and I to transfer throughout the house. While Kevin delegated tasks, I spent the day re-cooping from my family baby shower and a late night out the day prior. I helped clean up after the shower. I downloaded some photos on the computer taken during the shower. I looked through all my baby shower gifts and organized the adorable clothes (we are so blessed!). I went out to the new house to see the progress Kevin and the moving company were making. A troop of people were even willing to help me empty a few boxes and organize the new living room (thank you!). I had lunch with my husband and my mother-in-law before taking her back to the airport. Then, we finished the day off with our rescheduled 4D ultrasound complete with Grandma B and Grandpa in tow. Needless to say, this was the best move I've ever made. Kevin and I both agree it was money well spent. We made it through the move with only two casualties - a broken glass coaster and a broken piece of glass in our wedding photo frame. Not too shabby. Now, we've been taking our time to put things in their proper places. Thankfully, all of our furniture fits in the new place so we won't have to struggle with finding a new couch or anything. It's kind of like this place was made for us and where we are in our lives right now. Recently, we've focused a lot of our efforts on the baby's room (just because it's so darn fun!) and getting our bedroom organized. The kitchen is completely unpacked sans a kitchen table. Utilites have been transferred into our name, although we are still trying to figure out the internet and cable debacle. Tonight's challenge? Definitely tackling our walk-in closet. It's too difficult to find clothes for work at 6.30am when they are all stuffed in garbage bags and boxes :) Once we're all settled, I will post photos of the new place. We feel like we're finally home.

No comments:

Post a Comment