Thursday, September 15, 2011

What's the latest?

I can't believe I'm 27 weeks today. It's my last week in my second trimester and it feels great. The little lady is weighing in at a happy and healthy 2 pounds this week. Stretching over 14 inches now. Every time I drive I notice my belly creeping a little bit closer to that steering wheel. Let's just say, there may come a time when my belly is too large and my legs are too short. Should be interesting!

Mind you, I am no doctor and I can't even tell what position the little lady is in, but every so often, on the bottom right hand side of my abdomen, I get a little tickle by what feels like a foot and little twinkle toes. It tickles me from the inside out (weird sensation) and gets me all giddy at the same time. I just love, love, love feeling her move!

Last night, I was resting my swollen feet in front of the tv and actually saw my stomach poke out from one of her elbow jabs or karate kicks. She's getting stronger by the minute, I tell you. Just like the books said, I have noticed there is a sleep pattern growing. At certain times of the day, she seems to move around and at other times she's pretty still. Almost always she's awake and moving around at 4am when I wake to go to the bathroom. Does this mean she'll be up all night once she's born? Oh lord, let's hope not! :) Either way, it's comforting to know that she's in there, that I'm the one responsible for taking care of her even this early on and that she depends on her mama to provide the perfect environment for her growth.

Her papa shows affection for her in different ways constantly. He asks how his little girl is doing over the phone. He texts that he loves her. He sends her his love through my tummy every day with kisses, I love you's and tummy rubs. Between us and all of you, she's quite loved.

In only 8 short days, we get to see her beautiful face in the 4D ultrasound. Will she have hair or no hair? Be sucking her thumb or playing with her feet again like last time? Eight days can't come fast enough.

We should hear about the house either today or tomorrow. They said Friday at the latest. Keep your fingers crossed. We need a place to set up shop before the little lady makes her grand entrance.

No comments:

Post a Comment