Saturday, September 10, 2011

5 little ways pregnancy changed me:

1. I wear shower caps. Yes, I look like a grandma. Yes, my husband makes fun of me and looked at me especially weird when he saw it for the first time. And yes, it keeps this tired mama from having to wash and style her hair every day for work. If it gives me an extra 15 minutes of much-needed rest, shower caps it is.

2. I go to bed early. Yes, I feel like an old person. Give me my dinner at 6.30 then off to bed it is for me around 9. I never go to bed that early. But this mama (and her baby) needs the extra rest.

3. I have road rage. I mean serious scream-at-the-person-in-front-of-me-that's-driving-slower-than-the-speed-limit and threatening-to-bash-their-car-in road rage. Fortunately, Kevin thinks it's funny. He just eggs me on by uttering you tell 'em! under his breath.

4. I have an unquenchable thirst. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped (or made Kevin stop) at a convenience mart or gas station to buy a bottle of water. It comes over me and I can't stop thinking dreaming salivating obsessing about water until I chug a bottle.

5. I have cankles. Say hello to my little friend swollen ankles. No, these aren't just your regular swollen ankles. No no, my friend. These puppies are swollen past the point of return. I'm contemplating that my right ankle is actually pregnant. It looks more pregnant than I do! Dresses to work? Scratch that. I'll spare all my coworkers the horrific sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment