Thursday, September 29, 2011

Today, I sinned.

Forgive me Father,
for I have sinned.


Isn't that how the saying goes? Well, if I were to ever speak those words in truth, today would be the day because today, in a moment of pure passion and weakness, I sinned. I gave in to my human desire and dun, dun, dun...drank a Diet Coke. No, not a copper-canned-caffeine-free-tastes-like-pureed-cardboard-Diet-Coke but a shiny, silver-canned-oh-how-I've-missed-you-come-to-mama Diet Coke. And, it tasted goooooood. I sucked down the whole thing like I'd been lost in the desert for days. It was my first real Diet Coke in seven months. They say caffeine is a big no-no during pregnancy and I've followed that rule pretty much to a T until today. Today, I gave in. And I really don't regret it. It satisfied the craving I've been swatting to the back of my memory. It was almost as much satisfaction as an ice cold margarita after a long day and, Lord knows, this has been one loooooong day.

No comments:

Post a Comment