Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Why, hello, 3rd trimester.

I can't believe I'm 28 weeks today. That's exactly 7 months, my friends. Only 12 more weeks to go if all goes as planned. I especially can't believe that being 28 weeks marks my entry into the 3rd trimester. Where, oh where, does all the time go? This week, my little Claire Madison is weighing in at a happy and healthy 2 and 1/4 pounds and is almost 15 inches from head to heel. She can blink, she's now sporting flirty eyelashes (hopefully she takes after her papa in that department) and she's packing on the body fat to prepare for life on the outside. Grow those chubby cheeks, girl!

As if that isn't enough to make you smile, this week is just jam-packed full of exciting moments. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. The big ol' glucose test is on the agenda. Should be just fine. I don't have any worries. Then, the day following is my 4D ultrasound. This is perhaps what I am most excited about other than actually holding my little girl. We'll get to take a peek at what she looks like, find out if she has peach fuzz or if she is, in fact, bald as a cue ball like her papa says she will be. Friday will be a good day. I'll get a bunch of photos so I'll be sure to scan and share them as soon as I get to work on the following Tuesday. I'll spend the day on Saturday parusing the Saturday market with some of my favorite out-of-towners and Sunday will be wrapped up with dun, dun, dun...my family baby shower! Yes, a day to celebrate all that is fabulous about this time in my life and this precious angel face that I'm growing. I can't wait to see what Grandma K and Grandma B have in store for the shower. Judging by my bridal shower, it should be really fun. Then, turn around and Monday marks the moving day to get into our new place. So yes, this weekend is jam-packed but it will be great. Can't wait to get it started. C'mon, Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment