Friday, March 25, 2011

Signs.

I wouldn't say I am one to believe in signs, necessarily. I have my faith and I believe that doors are opened when they are supposed to be. I also believe that God's timing is perfect. It may not always seem perfect in the moment but in retrospect, most of the time, I understand why I endured certain things and why I was blessed with certain things at different time periods in my life.

Kevin and I are realistically considering these condos. At this juncture in our life, I have been craving, praying for, searching for, hoping for a sign. Any kind of sign. God: even if it's not lightning striking down from the heavens, just give me some kinda sign that this may be a path we should pursue. Our main hurdle at this point is the fear of the unknown. Will we lose our jobs? Will we be able to afford it? Will we be able to responsibly handle the unknown? Are we ready? Then, this morning, as I was unwrapping my very last Tea Forte Vanilla Orchid teabags...the inspirational leaf fell into my lap and it read:

You can never cross the ocean unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore.

Is it a sign? I don't know. But it sure encouraged me this morning. I now feel that, at the very least, this is worth looking into. It makes it a little easier to bear knowing that everything worth attaining in life carries a little risk. If you don't jump in, how will you ever know if you can swim?

1 comment:

  1. Each of us are afraid to leave the comfort of the shore and put faith in the turbulent sea. But although the sea can be rough it also can be smooth as glass. Continue to rely on your faith and the belief in each other. There are no guaranties in life but if you don't take a leap of faith you'll never experience the joys God intended for you lives. I love you, mom

    ReplyDelete