Tuesday, March 29, 2011

It just doesn't quite fit.


I feel like a little girl walking around in my mother's heels and pearls. Trying to be a grown-up. Trying to fill shoes that just don't fit. The whole mortgage thing, the whole baby thing, it's all giving me anxiety. I feel like I look like an idiot - like I am going to walk into a bank and they are going to think it's a joke. It's not like I don't look so young, they'll think I'm talking about buying Barbie's Dream House or a stinking plastic playhouse for the back porch. And a baby!?! I practically still am a baby. I have heartburn and stomach aches and just feel exhausted just thinking about this. Are all of life's B I G decisions supposed to be like this? Because, it doesn't feel good, and I don't like it. Not one bit. Correction: I like the idea of it all working out and living my perfect little fairy tale happy ending, but I don't like all the work and stress to force something that may or may not happen. Oy vey. My mother says I stress and analyze things too much. Maybe I do. I'll try to work on that.

2 comments:

  1. What you are feeling is perfectly normal. Listen to your mother and stop stressing over everything!

    Love you!
    Your other mother

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love all the thought and energy that you are putting into this decision, but, you need to have faith in your and Kevins decision to move forward. You are both very level headed and you are not going into this un-informed you have asked alot of very smart questions and are making a decision to live within your means and not trying to go for the biggest thing you can afford, because to you both you feel it will be better to start a little slower and then build up. More kids in your generation should have done this then they would'nt be over their heads now and struggling. You and Kevin are doing it right, believe in yourself. I love you, mom.

    ReplyDelete