Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How do you know?

They say, as a Christian, you need to put your faith in God to provide. He is the one that knows the line between what I want and what I actually need. There is no doubt in my mind that God provides an abundance of blessings in my life. He knows exactly what I need when I need it. Along the road, He teaches me patience and in the end I always realize that His timing really is perfect. Although my God is a faithful God, I am also a firm believer in the idea that He helps those who help themselves. I do not want to knowingly catapult our family into the next stage of our lives at the risk of the timing being wrong. They say if you wait for the perfect time to have a baby, you'll never get there. Unfortunately, life happens and there isn't going to be a giant yellow lightbulb that switches on when the time is right. So the question that stems from my (our) frustration is...HOW THE HECK ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO KNOW WHEN THE TIMING IS RIGHT?!? How do you decipher what the little butterfly in your stomach really means - excitement for something new or the gut-feeling of stepping too far off the path?

1 comment:

  1. I think having faith and putting your trust in God means ultimately letting go of control and pursuing the desires He has placed in your heart. I believe God designs within us a passion for His purpose such as using your creative gifts to make things beautiful and your caring nature to brighten peoples lives. I also believe He has placed in you the desire to be a Mother, because He knows you CAN do it and that you will be wonderful at it! If we take hold of the reins God has placed in our hands and shout 'Yeehaaa!', we are jumpin' on board for any twists and turns He has planned along the way. And though it may be a bit of a scary road because there are so many 'what if's', it's definitely the road of adventure, growth, and many many blessings!!! Love ya sis!

    ReplyDelete