Saturday, March 19, 2011

The funny thing about marriage:

As soon as you think you've got each other figured out, you remember there's this whole time in life you didn't know each other.

It baffles me that even though we've been together for 7 years and married for almost two, there is still so much to learn about each other. Prior to marriage, I thought date night would be dramatically different after we said I do. Thankfully, that's not the case. I still get excited to get dressed up and go out on the town with my man. He still tells me I look beautiful like he used to when he'd pick me up at my apartment. He still makes me feel special. I still think he's just as charming and adorable as I ever did. The only difference is, now instead of saying goodnight at the door he gets invited inside (oooh, la la!). The beauty of date night with your best friend is that we can still manage to carry on a conversation that is new and exciting. We get to talk about our future plans as a couple, instead of what we're interested in as individuals. I hope we can manage to keep the sparks flying long into our marriage. Newlyweds forever: that's our goal.

The highlight of date night last night:
Wearing my favorite Steve Madden boots.
Watching the bartender cut his thumb open on their glass chiller machine.
Thumbing through the baby books at Borders with my husband.
Paying $21.50 for movie tickets.
Actually being on time for a movie for once.
Paying $4.50 for a super-tart pomegranate frozen yogurt.
Thoroughly enjoying L I M I T L E S S and it's visually stimulating experience.
Chasing Trailblazer Patty Mills through the theater.
Forgetting that we were married for a minute and just falling right back into that place of an infatuated girl out with the boy who still gives her butterflies.

No comments:

Post a Comment