Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big joys

I found big joy in the little moments of my day today:

1. It was pay day. Although it comes like clockwork, it still is exciting. Reminds me why I spend more time at work than anywhere else in my life.
2. I have a few really close friends at work. The kind of friends you keep for a lifetime no matter what life happenings or space divides you. It's good to have true, blue friends.
3. It wasn't dark when I walked out of work at 5.30pm - hallelujah!
4. I came home to a clean kitchen and fresh-baked peanut butter cookies.
5. The moment I walked through the door I got one of my favorite hugs - the ones where he holds me until I am ready to let go. Depending on my day, I tend to linger there a little longer :)
6. The long-awaited cable was hooked up in the bedroom by my personal handy man.
7. I spent a couple hours organizing my office with the assistance of a very helpful husband. Every time I heard "now what can I do to help you, babe?" my heart fluttered a bit.
8. I gabbed it up with my sister-in-law. Sometimes, over the chatter of the girlies, we don't get much time to really talk. Not only did God give my brother the perfect companion, He gave me the sister I always wanted.

Looking at this list, I realized that I am lucky. Somedays it's harder to spot the joy, but it's always there waiting to be found.

One question:
Kevin, when you make these little gestures of love towards me, can you feel me falling for you all over again? Because I do, just a little bit more every time. It's during these moments that I feel our hearts are really connected. It's good to be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I don't know if I'm over emotional right now, lol, but your #8. made me tear up:) Thank you for your BIG heart and for loving me as your sister and my girls as if they were your daughters:) Love you so much !!!

    ReplyDelete