Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A penny saved is a penny earned.

February, finally. A clean slate. An opportunity to start fresh and make wiser choices. This month, Kevin and I are pushing ourselves to spend money on necessities only. That means, no restaurant meals, no going out to lunch during the work week, no happy hour, no drinks after work, no unnecessary trips to Target, no shopping, no night at the movies, etc. Only gas, grocery store or appointments (like our dental appointments and my eye appointment). Of course, that also includes our bills. This will be very challenging. Surprisingly, I am looking forward to it! An opportunity to push ourselves and really think about the money we spend and what we spend it on.

I've heard about families that have made resolutions to only spend money on necessities for an entire year. I'm not so sure I could jump on that bandwagon. We enjoy spending our money on things that entertain like our movie dates or a meal out. However, this choice will (hopefully) assist us in our efforts to save more and spend less.

No comments:

Post a Comment