Wednesday, February 9, 2011

It's official...

I am the worst sickie ever. When I am sick, i just want someone to take care of me. Wait on me hand and foot. Cuddle me, snuggle me, make sure I'm warm and I have what I need. No, really. When Kevin said, for sickness and in health, I'm not sure he knew exactly what he was getting himself into.

I only like my tea, searing hot, from my big white mug with the painted flowers. Two spoons of cane sugar, not one. Fake sugar? Don't bother. Right now, my flavor of choice is Orchid Vanilla from Tea Forte. Sometimes I cry out like an infant for sympathy from anyone that will provide it. I whine about being hungry but nothing sounds good. I whimper like a puppy in pain. I grunt in irritation at the idea of being so lazy for a whole day. My "let's get better" regimen always includes wrapping myself in one of Kevin's flannel button-ups and my comfy panties (courtesy of American Eagle) then just vegging out. There is literally nothing like flannel when you're sick. A close second would be the Kleenex with lotion. Definitely, definitely, definitely worth the extra money.

When I am not hibernating my day away or soaking away my troubles in the bath, I wedge myself into my favorite corner of the couch underneath my "Every day with my daughter is one to cherish" quilt from my mother and choose which tv series to obsess over. Yesterday was re-runs of Jersey Shore. Today was A Baby Story and this evening consisted of Sex & the City re-runs. Now, as I steep my very last bag of Orchid Vanilla tea and waste time in front of Kourtney & Kim Take New York, I say goodnight to all you healthies out there. Hopefully tomorrow will look a little better from my perspective.

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry. A baby will snap you out of that regimen! Enjoy it while it lasts.
    Love, Your Other Mom in LV

    ReplyDelete