Saturday, February 26, 2011

Lessons of a Saturday housewife

1. Today, I saw a bunch of silver scratches across the top of my beautiful white washing machine. I got teary-eyed (literally) because it was the first major appliance we paid for with our own money. It's a nice set and we want to keep it that way. Then I remembered the beautiful abrasive cleansing power of Comet. Annnnd the scratches are gone. So, I guess there are really 2 lessons here: Comet is a must-have and take care of your appliances so they will last longer.

2. I will never put in tile countertops in my future home. It's nearly impossible to clean anything that soaks into the grout. Eventually, the grout always looks dirty. Once it's my choice, it will only be flat surfaces for me. Tile floors? Now that's another story, especially the heated tile :)

3. I will never purchase a fridge with non-clear crisper drawers. I understand that the opaque drawers look cleaner and hide the clutter. However, for me, they also hide the food. You can call me mrs. forgetful. When it's time to clean the fridge, I find food in those drawers that we should have eaten but no longer can. It's gross. Thankfully, we noticed this habit and now my opaque drawers house nothing but wine coolers and soda. Often, I still forget they are there. How frustrating!

4. No stainless steel appliances. We have a stainless steel crockpot, microwave and toaster - cleaning them is so annoying! I understand they look nice and fancy-schmancy. They also show fingerprints ALL THE TIME. It's like glass table-tops...they drive me nuts. And just wait when you have little sticky hands all over the fridge. Simply seems like a recipe for me to go crazy.

And, by the way, can I just mention that I CAN'T WAIT for those little sticky fingers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment