Thursday, February 10, 2011

Things I never knew before I got married.


SOS pads. A dish-washer's best friend. A dish's best friend? Not quite. Even if it says non-abrasive, it will ruin anything metal. Take it from me...my stainless steel cookie sheet will never look the same.

Dish towels. You can never have enough. Even though the patterns are insanely adorable sometimes, the white ones are the best. Bleach works wonders. Thanks, Clorox.

Rubber gloves. They are the best invention for someone like me...I think washing dishes is "icky" (plus it doesn't ruin your manicure)

Dish washing soap vs. detergent vs. washing aid. They are not the same thing, my friends. If mixed, you will probably have a huge bubble mess to clean up.

1-ply vs. 2-ply bath tissue. Not all toilet paper is created equal.

Aprons. Sure, you don't need one...but it just makes cooking so much more fun! And fashionable.

Folding of the towels. It didn't really occur to me that there are different ways to do this. I fold 'em like my mom folds 'em. She probably learned it from her mom. Then Kevin shows me how he prefers them to be folded...says they fit in the shelves better that way. Sorry, dude, your fold has been veto'd. It may fit better, but mine are prettier. And yes, it does make me feel better knowing that my linen closet looks a little more like Martha's. She's my idol.

Kitchen shears. They look like scissors to me. I use scissors to cut all kinds of things...tags, paper, plastic wrap, wrapping paper, etc. Apparently, according to the hubster, kitchen shears are not the same as scissors and are for food items only. Ooooooh.

Toothpaste caps. I say once it's open, it's open. Why close it just to open it again in 12 hours? Kevin asks why it has a cap if I'm not going to use it. We're still irritating each other with that one.

Chapstick. Or, the importance thereof. There is a connection between Chapstick and the Kessler family that is inexplicable. If you want to push Kevin's buttons, just move his precious Chapstick. I have learned the hard way one too many times.

The purpose of water. Apparently, it's not just for bathing and washing dishes/clothes. It's also for drinking. Who woulda known!?!

Ironing. It really stinks. Thankfully, we don't own an iron. Since that won't always be the case, I am revelling in my non-ironing-bliss while it lasts.

Houseplants. They are not my thing. Or Kevin's. Those silly things expect you to remember to water them. Stupid plants.

No comments:

Post a Comment