Sunday, November 13, 2011

Paint, projects and preparations.

We spent a lot of time organizing and updating the nursery this weekend. Kevin and my mom spent all day taking turns painting the ceiling and the walls. Considering I am a complete control freak and, for some reason completely unlike me, left the paint color choice completely up to Kevin I was a little nervous when he cracked open that paint can. When he described it as"elephant skin" my knees began to shake a little. However, I must admit that I am very impressed with what he chose. Can't wait to share all the before and after pictures I've been taking! So, I'm happy to share that Claire's nursery is definitely coming together. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I gave myself until this coming Wednesday (the 16th) to get the room completed. Considering Kevin has the day off tomorrow and plans to put the last coat of paint on the walls and a second coat of paint on the side table and changing table, I'd say we'll be able to hit that mark. How exciting!

One item that doesn't need any updating is the beautiful baby bassinet that we received from Kevin's grandmother. This is probably my most favorite item in the baby's room (but it will soon be relocated to our room)! The fabric is beautiful and simple. The grayish-brown, white and yellow colors are subtle, soothing and very chic. Kevin and I couldn't be happier to place our little Claire Bear in this bassinet. It's currently filled with extra sheets and blankets so it looks like I still have a little work cut out for me. Only 4 more weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment