Wednesday, November 23, 2011

37 weeks has arrived!

For those of you that don't know, the 37-week mark is the big one. It's the week that baby is considered full-term and, if she were born anytime between now and Dec 15, she will be perfectly able to function in the outside world. That makes my heart happy. Little Claire Bear, we did it!

Today, we had our second weekly appointment. Fortunately, there isn't much to report other than the norm. My strep culture came back negative. I stepped on the dreaded scale again (no change), left another urine sample (almost peed my pants on way into the office), had my blood pressure checked (still low and healthy), was measured (I'm spot on at 37 weeks) and heard Claire's loud heartbeat (my favorite part). Braxton Hicks is still a regular visitor in addition to even more joint pain (especially in my hands). Overall, Doc Johnson said baby is happy and healthy in there. She didn't check my cervix to see if I was dialated or effaced this week because she said there was no need. It would either only upset me if she had to tell me nothing had changed or make me anxious/anticipate labor starting early if I was already dialated to 3 and 50% effaced. So, I took her advice. We'll see what happens at our appointment next week.

For now, we wait for labor to start. Kevin and I plan to indulge in our last few days/weeks as a newlywed couple. We've been going on dates, cooking together and just basking in the silence for a little longer. As for Claire, she's just going to stay where she is, grow a little stronger, get a little chubbier and wait for the perfect arrival. Most of all, this mama is going to relax as much as possible, finish up the fun projects and commit to being worry-free about the little things that don't really matter.

*PS. Photos to come tomorrow. I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment