Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Caution: this is my pity party...

When a lady at my work said she was ready for her baby to be born, I was appalled. Why would you want to rush this beautiful journey? Now, I get it. I don't sleep at all anymore. The last two nights, I've spent on the couch tossing and turning, huffing and puffing, couching and sneezing, grunting and peeing. I maybe got about 3-4 hours each night. I have a cold for which I can't take any medications. I have a giant-approximately-six-pound infant in my abdomen literally sitting on my bladder. I have horrible hip and knee pain that only gets worse throughout the day accompanied with what feels like arthritis in my hands and feet. Finding a comfortable sleep position is next to impossible. To top it all off, I almost popped a hernia when trying to tie my shoe this morning. And, let's be honest, I am having a pity party for myself. I hate to admit it, but I'm ready to have this baby. Did you hear me, sweet baby Claire, your mama is READY!

*Maybe they make this last month the worst month of them all in order for women to gain the courage and, let's face it, sheer desperation to get.this.baby.out.now!

No comments:

Post a Comment