Friday, November 25, 2011

My Thanksgivings...

The Thanksgiving holiday brings with it the opportunity to reflect on the past year and the people or opportunities you are truly thankful for. This year, just like the past eight years, Kevin is always on the top of my list. He's not just my spouse, he's everything that I need in a best friend. He's the one that gives me the motivation to get up and go to work everyday and he's the one I get excited to come home to every night. He is home to me.

I am thankful for our beautiful home. It suits us perfectly and really feels like a home. Maybe we don't own it and maybe it's a temporary fix, but it gives us the security and comfort to bring home our new baby. This is the home in which we'll become a family.

Family is another category at the top of my list. This year, I'm especially thankful for the 3 doting grandparents and 2 great-grandparents that are waiting with bated breath to meet the newest member of the Boss and Garvey clans. She's one lucky girl to be loved so much already and she hasn't even arrived yet.

I am so very thankful for all the people that have reached out to us with gifts and encouraging cards for the baby. We feel very blessed in all that we received from friends, family and coworkers. Because of everyone's generosity and support, we feel prepared to welcome this new baby and know that we have so much support. It means more than you know.

Lastly, and perhaps most of all, I am so thankful for a healthy pregnancy and our healthy baby girl. Her papa and I are so anxious to meet her, love on her and teach her all about life. We plan to just soak up every minute with our daughter and take the journey into parenthood one step at a time. No, we may not know exactly what to expect and we won't always know exactly what we're doing, but we'll learn together. It's part of the journey. I'm just so thankful to have a man like Kevin and a family like ours to help us along the way. Little Miss Claire Madison is the best thing to ever happen to us.

This truly is my most memorable Thanksgiving to date. I am sincerely overwhelmed with gratitude and love this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment