Monday, October 31, 2011

Pictures! Pictures!

In keeping with true pregnant-woman fashion, I have a million things to do but all I want to do is sit here, relishing in the movements of my little babe and dream {and blog} about her. So, that's exactly what I'm going to do. I suppose the laundry pile blocking the door to my washing machine will still be there tomorrow, right? Unfortunately. 

Now, on to bigger and better things. For those of you requesting, I had Kevin snap a photo or two of me this evening. Here I am, in all my unedited swollen glory, just 1 day shy of 34 weeks:


I look at these photos and almost don't recognize myself. Tonight, someone told me that she didn't even notice I was pregnant and she especially didn't think I only had 6 weeks to go. In my head, I was thinking Yeah, okay lady...what'd you think I did? Swallow a basketball for dinner? But she's not the first person to tell me that. I guess I just feel like I look huge because I feel huge. The weight I'm carrying in my belly does not go unnoticed, my friends. You should hear the grunting. Oh, the grunting! But, every time I feel a little move, a little tickle, or a little poke, I'm reminded that it's all worth it. She's totally worth it.

And photo #2? Kevin caught me in my excitement over the crib:


I still smile every time I pass by Claire's nursery and see it standing there so crisp, white and beautiful. I just love it more every day! The crib, to me, is like the wedding dress - the final piece of the puzzle that let's you finally settle in and find peace. Even if the nursery isn't complete, we don't have all the to-do's checked off our list and we feel ill-prepared, it doesn't matter because we do have the crib.

I have the dress, I'm ready to marry. 
I have the crib, I'm ready for my baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment