Monday, October 24, 2011

The honest truth.

I came to screeching halt during a casual conversation with a coworker last Friday...Claire will be here in about 7 weeks. 7 weeks? Yes, 7 weeks. Where did all the time go? It seems like just yesterday, Kevin and I were sitting on the couch in silence and blankly staring at each other after having read the positive results. It seems like just yesterday that we were trying to keep it a secret for over 3 months, scheming how to tell our families and explain why I'm avoiding the sweet nectar of the gods. It seems like just yesterday that we were going in to meet our doctor, hear our baby's heartbeat, see our baby for the first time and find out if we'd have a son or a daughter. Now, we're almost to the end of this incredible journey and time seems to be passing at warp speed. Not to mention, I'm literally getting bigger by the minute. Sleep is no longer something I can just slip into, it's a constant battle for comfort, trying to roll over on my own, trying to avoid the typical 4-trips to the bathroom during the night, temperature control and longevity. And honestly, that's not the worst of it. I did expect the physical changes but was not quite prepared for the emotional toll this journey would take. In my most honest truth, I feel like my current state is filled with bittersweet emotions. I want to meet my daughter so badly (and be able to see my own feet again), but I am also going to miss my time with Kevin as just us. I know our lives are going to be forever changed and change is hard for me. So yes, honestly, it is a little bittersweet knowing that we're never going to be alone, we're never going to be as carefree, we're never going to get this back. But with every ending, there is a new beginning and Claire Madison is ours. We are so beyond thrilled, completely ready to jump into this parenthood business at any minute. Until then, we'll indulge in our time alone, focus on each other and ingrain these small moments into our memories while we wait for our daughter to arrive. Like I said, bittersweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment