Thursday, October 20, 2011

A new perspective.

Enjoy the little things in life.
One day, you'll look back and realize
they were the big things.

There are these little moments I experience every so often that catapults my perspective into a new, better place. That happened most recently this morning. Life could not have been better this morning than if the angels came down from the heights themselves and serenaded my drive to work at a heavenly decibel. I could practically hear the hallelujah choir! I just feel so happy, I could burst. It's a somebody pinch me, am I floating on a cloud? feeling that I have yet to shake. And, honestly, I'm soaking up every minute of it. Usually, I would feel a post of this nature would be annoying cheesy and borderline obnoxious, but it really portrays a look into my current life. I have a husband that loves me unconditionally, a dog that is more excited to see me every day than anyone else, a baby girl that I get to meet in just about 8 weeks and a beautiful drive to an even more beautiful home that I love. How does it really get much better? And, to boot, I have a roast with veggies in the crockpot simmering all day and a corner of the living room filled to the brim with baby things that I have yet to put away in the nursery that is also cluttered with pink goodness. Needless to say, my cup overfloweth. And I am so grateful - grateful for the many blessings I've received, grateful for all the people in my life that love and support me, grateful for this child I have been blessed with, but even more grateful that I have gained the perspective to really appreciate the small things around me. You just never quite know when the small things are actually going to become the big things, the momentous blips in time that matter the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment