Friday, October 7, 2011

Living with the clutter.

In my usual OCD fashion, I've made a list. And said list is growing longer by the minute. Every time I get one thing checked off, like the thank you cards from my family shower (yay!) or massive grocery shopping, it seems as if I have five more tasks to add. Between both working full-time, doctor's appointments, birth classes and baby showers, when do we really have the time!?! Let's just say we've been putting off until tomorrow what we could should do today.

Our place, although we love it, is still a wreck. I haven't even attempted to tackle our closet. Most of our clothes are still in boxes or in stacks along the edge of our room. The garage is still lined with items that need a proper home. We need to get a kitchen table/chairs set but don't really want to start the looking process and/or we're avoiding paying for it right now so we eat on the couch every night. No big deal. If I don't get to the laundry soon, I'm pretty sure the laundry room is going to cave in from the weight of the massive pile that is accumulating. Thankfully, we both have plenty of clean underwear so we haven't been forced to go commando or wear our bathing suits yet. :) The office door hasn't even been opened in days, as if there is invisible caution tape warning you not to enter. My desk is still in two pieces, the computer hasn't been plugged in and none of my things have been organized. Literally, all the boxes are still in the exact same place they were when my troop of family and friends helped me carry them upstairs. And let's not even discuss the fact that my bookshelves are crowded instead of designed, my decorations are all in piles throughout the house and the photo frames are along the borders of each room. As you can tell, we still have plenty to do...it's just a matter of finding the time to do it.

After all that, all I can say is Thank God! that we got a moving company. I already don't have the energy or motivation to get my house in order and I didn't even have to move any of our items in. As my pregnancy progresses, I've noticed the lack of energy. My feet are really swollen every night when I get home and it feels better just to kick back and elevate. And, it's not just me. Kevin has been working longer hours recently (which he is very thankful for) but it's also a little draining for him to get used to waking up at 5.30am. I can tell he is just exhausted when he gets home, but he (unlike me) would never complain about it. In his sweet way, he passes it off as a great opportunity to earn more money to take care of me and our little Claire Bear.

So, for now, we live with the uneasiness of the cluttered spaces and just enjoy each other's company. Our nightly ritual typically consists of making dinner together, eating on the couch, taking The Monst for a walk, checking the mail and vegging out behind the tv to watch a movie before dragging our feet up the stairs to bed. I swear, these days, that 6.40 wake up call comes earlier and earlier every day. {Did I already mention that I think alarm clocks are the worst invention ever?} So, sorry this is a borderline woe-is-me post, but I assure you, that wasn't the intention. Life is just moving a little faster these days than I can get my swollen sausage feet to go. Better get used to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment