Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Look who popped!

At 21 weeks today, I feel great. Only a couple of woes that I'm dealing with lately - the onset of occasional heartburn and extra oily skin! Also, I've been hungrier than normal. When I wake up in the morning, my stomach feels like it's been fasting for 40 days. I'll scarf down a bowl half-a-bowl of cereal before work (I get full really fast!). Considering I never used to even eat breakfast, now setting aside the time to feed myself and baby is a big change. Perhaps all the food is related to the fact that baby is approximately 3/4 of a pound now and the length of a carrot. She's growing like a weed, my girl. So much so that people at work have been noticing that I finally look pregnant. Last week? Nothing. Three days ago? Ehhh, nothing. Today? BAM! Pregnant. So far I've only had one semi-stranger touch my pregnant belly. Oh boy, do I have a story to post about that incident. Soon to come!

The novelty of referring to the baby as my girl, my daughter and calling her by name hasn't worn off yet. I love knowing. She's so fun to shop for! I can't wait to put her in little dresses and wrap her up in those adorable hooded towels after baths. She's got her mama hooked and she hasn't even made her grand appearance yet :)

Speaking of hooked, her papa has no chance. All Kevin talks about is his baby girl. His hands are constantly on my belly. He talks to her every chance he gets...says he wants her to recognize his voice when she's born! He calls her by name even more than I do. We even have her nickname that just sort-of happened! He analyzes what kind of stroller he wants to get for her, strategizes about what he really wants vs. what he really needs off the registry, he informs me of the kinds of clothes she will/won't be allowed to wear when she's a teenager, when she'll be allowed to drive and date, and all the things he's itching to teach her. He's going to be such a fantastic papa. I am excited to see that relationship blossom. I'm lucky to have a partner that is so involved and so genuine. She's one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment