Wednesday, August 24, 2011

6 months

As of this coming Thursday, August 25, I have been pregnant for half-of-a-year. And I'm pretty sure that's the fastest half-of-a-year that I've ever experienced! I have to admit..the six-month mark kind of snuck up on me. Perhaps I've been too busy (and tired) to really notice. Three months seemed big because that meant I was going to be telling people soon. But, when four months and five months passed without any real significance, I didn't think much about my progress. Now, to say that I am six months pregnant makes it seem so official. This is really happening, people!

Everyday I add to my list of things I want to accomplish. I go over and over the list in my head while at work, but when it comes down to actually getting anything done (and I mean anything), I just simply don't feel like it. The clothes are overflowing in the hamper, but I just don't feel like doing laundry. I can't even tell you the last time I washed our sheets or vaccuumed our room! Hopefully my poor husband won't be forced to start going commando ;) Our bathroom needs a scrub down but it doesn't seem very appealing to me when I actively think of doing it. Plus, the smell of bleach is enough to make the Pregs gag. And organizing my room? Forgetaboutit. I have the desire to go visit my nieces, but I'm just too tired. I love the feeling of checking things off my to-do list but lately, the boxes are left unmarked and I'm lucky if I even find the energy to make it to work on time (keyword: on time). What's going to happen when I'm 8 months along?

I'm also finding myself fighting off the intense urge to organize the baby things (most of which I don't even have yet) and get her nursery set up. Considering we're not even in a rental right now, that's nearly impossible. I guess this is considered the nesting phase. So far, I'm failing. Usually I'd say something positive like "oh, it's okay...we have plenty of time" but at 6 months, I am starting to feel the pressure. Where oh where does the time go?

No comments:

Post a Comment