Monday, August 29, 2011

Let me just say...

I did it. I made myself do it. I tried on my pre-pregnancy jeans and...dun dun dun...they fit like a glove! No sucking in. No bulging. No laying down to make them button. They still fit perfectly at 6 months pregnant. I must say, I am very proud of myself. I am hoping this is a sign that I won't gain very much during this pregnancy. It seems to be a big issue for some but hasn't been for me so far. Knock on wood.

After my high-five from the husband, he mentioned they still fit great and I could still wear them everyday if I wanted. But that's the thing...why wear those jeans when maternity jeans exist!? It's like when people say that high heels look cute but were basically created by the devil to torture women's feet. That whole idea that beauty is pain. Well, not for me, especially now. Heels may have been invented by the devil but I am convinced that maternity jeans are woven by the angels in heaven. Amidst all the nausea, exhaustion, mood swings and swollen body parts, they are the silver lining. So ridiculously comfy. I may never go back.

Anyway, this post is basically pointless to most but exciting for me. It needed to be documented. Well, actually, I just needed to tell someone. And perfect timing...my chocolate cake is done! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment