Monday, August 15, 2011

23 weeks and counting!

At one inch shy of a ruler and just over 1 pound, Baby Girl Garvey is using any chance she gets to practice her kicking skills against her mama's abdomen. Maybe I'm growing the next Mia Hamm in my tum tum? My soccer fanatic husband would love that. The college scholarship I picture in the future would also be a nice bonus. Just as my baby books have predicted, I'm starting to notice a pattern to her movements. When I'm really hungry and once I start eating, she's really active. When I get to work in the morning from about 8am-9am, she's really active. At night, just before bed, especially if I'm on my left side, she's really active. Other times, completely out of the blue, she'll just nail me as a reminder that she's in there. That's my favorite type of kick :)

According to babycenter.com, it's encouraged that the mama dance whenever the mood strikes. The baby's sense of movement is now developed enough to feel my swings and sways. This makes me very excited considering I think it's adorable when little kids dance. They have no regard for what others think of their moves, but instead just boogie down to their own beat. I appreciate their confidence. There's really nothing cuter. I want my little girl to move and groove when I play music so I better start now. Dance par-tay at my place!

Monster may not be aware that a little baby is coming to join the family (and pull on her tail), but baby is probably well aware of her furry friend. The baby's ears are growing increasingly more sensitive to noises outside the womb, especially the repetitive noises such as the vacuum, car horns and barking dogs. Hopefully hearing those sounds inside the womb will bring her a little more comfort knowing she's heard them prior to entering the outside world.

What's that bling-bling you ask? Kevin and I splurged (not really!) on a gaudy, fake diamond ring. Since I am looking increasingly more pregnant with each passing day and I have a baby face, I figure it's a good idea that I still wear my wedding ring (even if it's not really my wedding ring). I can feel the disapproving stares of the elderly when we're out-and-about because I look like a knocked up thirteen year old. Oh, the woes of having a young face. Like my mama says, I'll appreciate looking young when I'm older. But for now, my real wedding ring is safely tucked away (except for when I slip it on to watch it sparkle and remove it before my finger swells to take it captive) and I'm rocking a huge, 3-stone that just screams look at me. Up close, you can tell it's a faker but hey, it's fun...and when else can I get away with it? Now let's just hope it won't turn my finger green.

One of two baby showers is currently being planned. The first will be a Family Shower late in September hosted by the two Grandmas. The second will be a Friends Shower in mid-October hosted by my sister-in-law Lindsi, my BFF from high school Kristen and my cousin Michelle. I'm so excited for both I could just scream. Fortunately, we are basically done registering so that can be checked off the list. There are only a few items that need to be researched and decided upon: the crib (and accessory bar), crib mattress, crib sheets, a mobile, dresser, changing table (or changing pad holder), changing pad, changing pad sheets, an extra car seat base, fabric for crib bedding set, crib bedding set pattern and a rocking chair. Sheesh! I must have just been dreaming that we were almost done. Better get busy!

No comments:

Post a Comment