Thursday, September 30, 2010

Steps

First step: Move
Second step: House (duplex)
Third step: Home

Since today is the final day, my dad is doing the final walk through of the apartment with me. (I got a little upset on Monday when they were so rude to me, so I think his presence will help!) Last night, we expected to be at the apartment doing last minute touch-ups and re-painting until 10pm like we did Mon/Tues night, but when we arrived, my mom had already steam cleaned all the carpets and finished the painting. All we did was clean a couple window tracks and wash the windows! My mom is THE BEST! It's so nice to have family that is willing to help when you really need it. I am so beyond happy that it's over, I could jump for joy. Kevin and I even went to Claim Jumper last night to celebrate with a beer and a raspberry martini (theirs are the best!).

Since we got home around 8pm, we spent time cleaning up and organizing the new place. Kevin got all the shelves mounted. We spent time filling them with pictures, knick knacks and books to make it feel more homey. They look so good! It's just one small piece in the grand scheme of the whole place, but it's starting to look more like a home. Tonight, my sis-in-law is coming over to help me hang pictures and organize. It will be nice to have another woman's design eye. I can't wait until our couch comes in and my house is completely set-up so I can post pictures. We are just so happy with our new place, we can't stand it!

No comments:

Post a Comment