Sunday, September 5, 2010

2010 Dahlia Festival

Today, we went to the 2010 Swan Island Dahlia Festival in Canby, Oregon. It is completely free to get in and enjoy the beautiful views. This is where we ordered all of our wedding flowers so it was fun to go back and seek out which ones we used! :)We spent a beautiful, Oregon fall day at the festival walking the many acres of dahlias and walking through the indoor flower arrangement displays. It was a lot more crowded than I anticipated, but there was room enough for people and dogs of all ages!
I just couldn't leave without taking a few of the beautiful flower bunches home with me. We also ordered a few tubers to be shipped to us in mid-April for planting in the backyard of our new place! Kevin and I both chose our favorite varieties to plant.
Although I don't know the first thing about arranging flowers, I tried and I'm pleased with how they turned out.
There is nothing like having fresh flowers in your home! They make me sooo happy.
Overall, it was a great day with great views and a great person :) I'm sure we'll be back next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment