Friday, September 17, 2010

Crunch time.

We have a big weekend ahead of us. Next weekend, I have some extra special activities to do with some lovely ladies so I won't be able to help Kevin with the move as I (and he) would like. So, this weekend, it is crunch time. Kevin thankfully has Saturday and Sunday off to spend moving, building, organizing and cleaning with me. In exchange for some babysitting, my brother is also going to help us move the big, heavy furniture that my loving husband thinks I should be able to carry. (Yeah right!) I really would like to get our bed moved into our new place asap so we can start staying there. Now that our soon-to-be new home is so close to both of our works, it seems like a really far drive out to our old apartment. In fact, once we move in fully (end of September), we will both be able to just go home for lunch during the day. How wonderful is that!? The Monst will love it, too.

I called to get an ETA for the couch that we ordered, but all they can tell me is approximately 3 weeks. If I figure 3 weeks from order date, that means it will be ready for pick up the week of the 27. Perfect timing! Thankfully we can use my dad's work van to pick it up ourselves so we don't have to pay for shipping. Perks of a family business.

Tonight, I will be spending time going through all my clothes. We have both of our new dressers built at the new place, so we can start transporting and organizing clothes that we want to keep. Kevin and I are being very methodical about organizing this new home. We want everything to have it's place, so there's no more searching for things in random boxes and storage spaces. I think the purging of the old has been the most refreshing part of this move - we needed a fresh start. Every night I love the new house more and more. We've been able to use the electricity since the 15th, so we take advantage of staying after dark to build furniture and organize. The Monst isn't quite sure about our new home, but she will grow to love it, I'm sure. Once she realizes that backyard is her domain, we'll never get her back in the house :)

No comments:

Post a Comment