Tuesday, January 11, 2011

My hero.

Oh the joy. Last night, I got out of my almost-nightly bath and I noticed the toilet water had drained really low in the bowl. Knowing it wasn't clogged (that I could tell) I just flushed it thinking nothing of it. Next thing I knew the water kept rising and rising. I was thinking, in my non-mr-fix-it way, "maybe it'll stop now? whoa that's getting close. it won't overflow. maybe it will stop now? now?" and then it just spilled over the edge of the toilet onto my feet. Toilet water on my feet. I freaked. My shrieks of disgust mixed with terror for fears of "TURN THE WATER OFF! TURN THE WATER OFF!!" while on his way. He looked at me with disappointment in his eyes then turned off the water, soaking the entire right side of his body in the act. We both laughed uncontrollably as we thrust towels upon the inch or so of water that filled our bathroom floor. I am still not sure whether he was laughing at the situation or laughing at the fact that he'd just washed all those towels the day prior or laughing at me. I'm guessing, it was probably all directed at me. I'm not handy around the house in any sense. I couldn't believe this happened. He couldn't believe I didn't know how to shut off the water. A snippet of our conversation, between the laughter:

Kevin: "What would you have done if I hadn't been here?"
Katie: "Well, I was searching for a cup or something to start transferring the water into the sink.."
Kevin: "Why wouldn't you just turn the water off!?!"
Katie: "How am I supposed to know how to do that? Remember - I am a girl. And I've never had to unclog a toilet in my life."
Kevin: "So you would have to just let all the water run everywhere and probably called your dad, right?"
Katie: "Probably. And I would just wish it all away."
Kevin: "Oh, boog." ("boog" is our pet name for each other and, yes, it's short for booger)

So, moral of the story. Some would think it was to make sure you're prepared in all situations to know how to handle them, like knowing how to unclog a toilet or turn off the water. My moral is always make sure you have a husband to do all the gross things for you. It sure makes things a lot easier.

It was definitely a good laugh and a good memory. He's my hero.

No comments:

Post a Comment