Thursday, December 16, 2010

Question vs. Answer

I have had a few half-completed blogs in the works for some time now. Nothing very spectacular, nothing that jumps out of my brain onto the page (or, in this case, keys). As usual, we have been discussing and making plans for 2011, as it is fast approaching. Talks of saving for our own place. Talks of saving for a new (or new-to-us) car (I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin's kills over one day fairly soon). Talks of expanding our little family to 4 instead of 3 (yes, the Monst is part of that equation). Basically, all the same questions and no definitive answers. The problem is the state of the economy right now. Dear Lord, please let 2011 bring a positive light and help us to wash away the struggles of 2010. Although a growing experience, it was a hard year for us (and for everyone) . That's what is keeping us from taking risks - we try to keep it safe in case things go awry again. How do you consciously, given the economy and the shaky state of the job market right now, make a choice to have a baby when you don't know what will happen in a year, 6 months or a week from now? I guess it's one of those situations where you throw caution to the wind and jump in head first. However, that's not really my style. I plan, I stress, I worry. And right now, I'm having a little trouble unclenching my hands from the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment