Friday, December 3, 2010

old habits die hard.

all I want for christmas this year is....TO BE A GROWN-UP??

not in the sense of the word that i want to be old(er). but, i have a lot of habits that i'd love to break. it just takes more patience and determination than i've been willing to put forth recently. i really need to learn how to be more organized, more responsible, more clean. i need to learn to not leave my dirty dishes in the sink after dinner (we usually do them the next day after work). i need to learn to always ALWAYS hang up my towel, even when i'm in a rush. i need to learn to put things back where they belong EVERY TIME, so it doesn't pile up on the surfaces on my home. i need to learn to keep my car more organized. (i fear if i got a wreck right now, i'd probably get my head chopped off from debris flying around in my car! haha) basically, i need to try to break old habits and form new ones. like using rubber gloves when i wash the dishes. my mother in law does it, and her mother does it. and i swear, i am hooked. i will never go back! now, if only i could say that about my car...

***note: you would think that, by this post, we have an usually cluttered and messy home. we don't, but it could be better. i want to do these things not only for my husband and my dog, but for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment