Saturday, December 18, 2010

It's all about giving.

There are few things that make me happier during the holidays than donating toys to our local community. Kevin and I put a lot of thought and time into finding really great gifts at really great deals. Every toy in this image was between $5-7 dollars! It doesn't matter so much about the money - it's about trying to get as many toys for as many children as possible. The best part about it is they are all quality toys that should last far into the new year. Giving has always been really important to us. It just breaks my heart to think that some children will go to bed with imaginative thoughts and promises of a magical Santa bringing them a special gift then wake up to nothing. We have so much to be thankful for...why not spread the holiday cheer by putting a smile on a child's face? It means more to me than having another gift under the tree. I can't wait until my nieces are old enough to understand why we give, who we are giving to, and can help us pick out gifts for those who may receive none.

1 comment:

  1. Good choices. You will make some children very happy this holiday season.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete