Thursday, March 25, 2010

"so depressing"

IN RESPONSE: "hey you. I read your blog, and I say keep writing what you want and what you're feeling. it's definitely not an easy time right now, even though things may be picking up for some people." ~thanks, Jen.

...

I used to be a positive person, someone that always tried to "look on the bright side." Now, as I've gotten older, I just know better. Kevin has taught me that everyone in your life will disappoint you. The only person you can really count on 100% is yourself. You know, everyone is giving me such a hard time about my blog posts being "so depressing." Yes, I guess they are not as chipper as normal but it's our life right now. I just call it like I see it. Being a positive person and putting my faith in people only burned me in the end because, more times than not, people continually disappoint me. If you consider that depressing, then so be it. Life isn't always rainbows and sunshine. I won't pretend like it is.

We are going on a vacation to Kevin's parents house in Vegas to housesit while they are in Washington DC. 12 days until Kevin leaves (he is staying 12 days total), 15 for me (I am staying 6 days total). We are counting down the days, hours, minutes... :)

2 comments:

  1. I hope your trip to Vegas will brighten your lives a little bit. Can't wait to visit with you even if it is only for a short while.
    Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is in regard to your American Idol post :)

    U and I have been devoted fans of Idol since season one! Remember how we used to talk about Kelly Clarkson in P.E.? Lol. Geeze Idols been on for FOREVER!!

    Reading all of your comments about the contestants made me laugh because Andrew and I seriously think the exact same things you wrote! We love Crystal Bowersox and "Big Mike". Though I am kind of partial to Didi. I really like her unique voice! And seriously, how did Tim Urban make it to the top 10??????!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh and Miley Cyrus as a mentor? R U kidding???!!!!! What did you think of her performance? Hmmm, yeah...

    Ok well I'll stop going on and on just wanted to say that we too are addicted to Idol and seem to be on the same page as you two :)

    ReplyDelete