Friday, March 26, 2010

my toddler moments

this morning, my friends, i threw a fit. a complete 2-year old tantrum. i hate waking up. i hate waking up even more when it's 30 minutes earlier than normal and my husband gets to sleep in. to me, waking up before 7am should be outlawed. if it were up to me, we'd all go to sleep when we're tired, wake up in the morning when we're no longer tired and then work in between. i'm telling you, life would be much different if i could make the rules :) honestly, i don't know how i'll do it when i have kids. hopefully my kid will be like my niece and sleep in till 8 or 9am. 8 or 9am i can handle. and back from my tangent...
i flexed my schedule from 8-5.30 to 7.30-5 for one day in order to go to happy hour with the girls at 5 when we get off work. today, the thought of happy hour at 5 has been the only thing keeping me going. when 6.27am rolled around, i threw a fit...tearing through the house looking for my one specific pair of pants. i couldn't find them so of course, i figured it was kevin's fault--i woke him up to help me look, as i was envisioning being late. everybody at work knows i am not a morning person so i'd never hear the end of it if i showed up late on a day when i volunteered to come in early. and i digress again...
anyway, my loving husband was a lifesaver. he found my pants - they were conveniently stashed under the coffee table. yes, that makes perfect sense. nonetheless, i was at work on time and now it's just a countdown until $3 margaritas. yay for happy hour with the ladies. i really need it this week :)

2 comments:

  1. ps. i am thinking kevin may need a happy hour too (after this morning haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. here's an idea...start hanging your pants in the closet? Ha! Ha!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete