Thursday, March 11, 2010

The Office: My version.

Sounds like somebody's got a case of the Mondays...except it's Thursday. I have learned so much about working in an office environment. There are so many things that just tick me off! For instance, if you were calling a company solely because you wanted their mailing address, why in the world would you have to put them on a hold for a whole minute to get a pen and paper!?! Shouldn't you have anticipated the fact that in order to jot down an address, you may need a flipping pen? Or how about when people call me then right after I answer, they put me on hold for like 5 minutes! It's called common courtesy people. On another note...Honestly, I think that gum should not be allowed in the office. It is so annoying to listen to a coworker smacking on their gum so deliberately, their jaw is about to fall off! Are you really that mad at your gum? Do you really want your teeth to fall out? How many pieces are you going to shove in your mouth, anyway? It was not until this whole gum fiasco started that I realized why my mother would yell at us, and threaten to make us spit out our gum, if we didn't stop smacking our lips. Mother, you have my sincerest apologies for making you listen to that all those years. Thank you for teaching me to chew with my mouth closed. I really did underestimate that trait until now. Lastly (for today) it irks me to no end when people call to say that they didn't receive this or that mailing. Once I read them their mailing address on file--the mailing address they specifically gave us, mind you--they say "oh, of course I didn't get it! that's not even the correct address! didn't you know that we moved?" Excuse me, sir. Obviously, I didn't know that. Sorry, my radar for automatically updating each business's mailing address must be out of function today. Sorry for the inconvenience, bucko. Honestly, I love my job. Today was just a particularly difficult day and I needed to vent. There are many entertaining moments working in an office and thankfully, I love my coworkers. So although I get irritated, it's not so bad :)

I'm sure there will be many more similar posts to come. I feel so much better already!

No comments:

Post a Comment