Friday, July 17, 2009

Swan Island Dahlias

My original flowers chosen were mini plum-colored calla lillies, copper leonadi roses, and a mix of others incorporated. Now, since those copper roses are a whopping $50 for 25 stems and the mini calla lillies are $3.50 per stem, we've decided to go with all different types of Dahlias. The local Swan Island Dahlia farms have really great prices at $7.50 per bunch. They offer a variety of all different sizes, shapes, looks and TONS of colors to choose from.

I've decided that since my bridesmaid dresses are the deep purple color, their flowers are going to be a mix of all different shades/shapes/sizes of coppery-orange dahlias. I think the orange is really going to pop against their deep purple dresses! My beautiful flower girl Serena (Kevin's cousin) is going to drop white rose petals before I walk down the aisle.

My table arrangements have completed changed as well. The first plan was to have 3 cylinder vases in the center of the table, each filled with a different type of flower. For example, the tallest vase would be calla lillies, the middle height vase would be roses and the shortest another kind of flower. Now, we have one arrangement of mixed deep purple and coppery-orange dahlias. They will be of varying sizes and looks. I can't wait to see how they turn out! I'm sure my florist Aunt Debbie will do an amazing job! She's been putting so much thought and effort into it. Now more than ever, I really appreciate everybody's help.

Yes, it's true that the wedding is 14 days away. What's scary is not that it's 14 days, it's that it's only TWO WEEKS! Saying that the wedding is not next Friday but the Friday after is so much more intimidating. Now it's a challenge to get everything done on time. YIKES! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment