Thursday, July 23, 2009

Honeymooners

A recent trip to the sunglass hut made me think of our honeymoon! Karen (Kevin's mother) got me a giftcard to buy some cute sunglasses for our trip to Maui. Isn't that a creative gift for a Bridal Shower? I found some great Versace shades that 1. are to DIE for and 2. were on SALE :) Anyway, the new sunglasses made me think that we need to start thinking of what to pack. It takes me forever to pack so I need to start making a list right now! It should be interesting considering we don't really have any luggage. We didn't really need any in college :) The one bag we did have broke, so I guess we are going to search for some from Ross or just borrow from my parents. Anyone know where to get reasonably priced luggage? We looked for some at Target and they were nice. Anywhere else? Besides that, it's going to be a challenge for us to figure out what kind of clothes to take. I am a total over-packer so I am going to need to narrow it down to the essentials. For Kevin it's easy--just throw in a couple t-shirts and shorts, he's good to go! My most favorite thing to pack is going to be my large, white, wide-brimmed floppy hat. Kevin got it for me from Target. I've always wanted one but never had any place to wear it. It will be the perfect shield from the sun when we're on the beach. It's sort-of a beachy version of a chic Kentucky derby hat. Kevin is debating buying a hawaiian shirt. He says it's required to wear at least one tacky shirt to a luau. We'll see about that one! :) Overall, the essentials will be sunscreen, aloe vera, flip flops, sunglasses (or sungoggles as Kevin calls them), cheap snorkel gear and a couple underwater cameras. Kevin also wants to find some kind of ipod dock or speaker system to play music in our hotel room and/or on the beach. Anyone have any suggestions? Can't wait for those tropical drinks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment