Thursday, July 16, 2009

Fifteen days and counting

Yikes! We're running out of time. Sorry I have not written lately. Life has been a little hectic recently. We had our consultation with the Fairgate a couple weeks ago. It went well. The venue looks so much more beautiful in this sunny weather than it did back in February when we booked it. The flowers have filled in, the grass is thick and green again, and all the flower pots are newly planted. Kevin and I were very impressed with the changes the staff have been making around the Fairgate. Guest rooms were upgraded and the gazebo was given a new treatment with twinkle lights and ivy among other things. We are both still thrilled with our choice to marry there.

At the meeting, we had to make some decisions for the wedding. For wine, we chose a Chardonnay and a red wine--not sure which kinds or brands. For beer, we chose Coors Light and Rogue Dead Guy Ale. For dinner, we chose salmon, chicken pasta, rolls, salad, fresh berries and veggies, and steamed veggies. It is going to be delicious! As for dessert, we made a decision to work with Beaverton Bakery instead of dealing with the shenanigans that Lamb's Bakery was sending our way. The cake is going to be a round, 4-tier buttercream cake. Each layer will be a different flavor. The top tier will be carrot cake with cream cheese filling. The second tier down was banana cake with banana cream filling. The third tier down is poppyseed cake with lemon filling. The biggest fourth tier is ribbon cake (one layer chocolate, one layer vanilla, one layer chocolate and one layer vanilla) with fresh raspberry filling between each layer. It's definitely going to be just as beautiful as it will be tasty! :) We are feeling very confident about Beaverton Bakery. They were professional from the very start and reassured us that we have nothing to worry about. The best part is, they deliver to the Fairgate all the time so I don't have to worry about them getting lost.

Those are the biggest accomplishments we've had lately in regards to the wedding. I made huge changes to the flowers due to budgeting. When I first decided what flowers I wanted, I chose by looks not by researching price. Once price was introduced, I realized that I have very expensive taste in flowers. We've changed the plan and I couldn't be more excited. I'll write about the details tomorrow.

Although we still have a lot to do, I feel like it's all beginning to fall into place. With only 15 days left, I am at the point where I need to decide what's most important, what's least important and what my priorities need to be.

1 comment:

  1. It's SO close! I worked at Beaverton Bakery for about 3 years, you will love it. Your guests (including me!) will love it! Mmmm such great cake!

    ReplyDelete