Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Every day is different.


My girl loves her peas!
Brushing her 4 teeth is one of her favorite activities!

She loves to carry that sippy cup around with her new chompers :)



While we try to teach our children all about life,
our children teach us what life is all about.

It's so true. I'm a different person now that Claire is here. I am trading in my anxieties about tomorrow for the enjoyment of the here and now. Living in the moment, they say. Well, with an almost 1 year old, it's impossible not to live in the here and now. With walking, climbing stairs, drinking from a sippy cup, cutting four teeth, refusing baby food and feeding herself, she keeps us on our toes just about every moment of every day. She has taught us to slow down, to prioritize, to figure out what is really important. Playing with her or doing dishes? She always wins. Reading her a book before bedtime or folding the last load of laundry for the day? Looks like we're wearing wrinkly clothes to work again. Staying home to clean our pig pen home or go to Claire's swimming lessons? Grab the little swimmers, babe! Our life is full, it's messy and busy, it's bursting at the seams. But, I wouldn't trade a day. Kevin and I are so lucky. She is our joy and we are so grateful she's ours. That's all!

1 comment:

  1. This is what I'm so looking forward to, Katie! I know that it is ridiculously hard at times, but you can't deny that it's completely worth it! :) xo

    ReplyDelete