Thursday, November 29, 2012

Are You (Pin)terested?

Now that we are in between Thanksgiving and Christmas, I can really focus all my energy on Claire's first birthday party. For Kevin and I, birthdays are a big deal. Claire is the most special thing in our lives and we want to be sure she feels loved on her most special day. That, my friends, is where Pinterest comes in. Every chance I get, I'm pinning ideas of what would be the perfect addition for her party. Crafting, here I come. This is my first birthday planning experience as a new mama and I want to be able to look back on this big, special birthday and know we celebrated her right. There are two things I know I want for sure: 1) some kind of felt bunting and 2) a photographer. The first can be done with a leftover half-spool of ribbon, some felt and a hot glue gun. The second one is a little more challenging, as budget and availability are big factors in making that want a reality. The majority of ideas change daily, but I do have a list of recurring ideas that are crowding my mind with sparkles and promises of a good time. A Happy Birthday, Mouse guest book for people to sign? Of course. A game for the kids to play? Duh. Favor bags for the miniature guests complete with glow sticks and silly putty? You betcha. Pretty punch, homemade treats and the most adorable chocolate smash cake for the little miss? Add it to the tab. Party hats, streamers, fancy foil balloons, confetti? We need it all! Move on over, Martha, because I'm at it again. Claire's first birthday bash is going to be one for the books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment