Thursday, July 12, 2012

12 Things I Want to Remember about Claire

1. The way she smells after a nighttime bath
2. Her huge grin when we dance together in the kitchen like fools
3. The fact that I whisper "stay just like this" in her ear
4. The little chubby creases on the inside of her thighs
5. Her puffy little eyes when I have to wake her early for work
6. The way it feels as she plays with my hair when she nurses
7. Finding her sleeping on her stomach with her diaper donk up in the air
8. Her excited half-cry, half-laugh she makes when she's hungry and sees a bottle
9. The first smile of the day that she saves just for me when I get her out of her crib
10. Seeing her chomping on her toes in the reflection of my rear view mirror
11. When she gets stuck on her stomach, flailing her legs/arms like she's trying to swim
12. The way she slams her little hand repeatedly on her high chair tray for "more!"

No comments:

Post a Comment