Monday, November 22, 2010

Can't hardly wait.

I've already watched Christmas with the Kranks and Christmas Vacation.
I've already purchased my wrapping paper and many of my gifts.
We already bought our 2010 ornament & a super-awesome Dwight ornament.
I am so SO ready for Christmas this year.
*With the exception that I haven't finished making my cards yet!
Thanksgiving will be fun, but Christmas takes the cake!

Since our tree was dry and brittle by Christmas last year, my darling husband says I have to wait until December 5th to buy our tree this year. If it were up to me, I'd get it the weekend after Thanksgiving, but (although I hate to admit it) I see his point. Nobody likes a Christmas catastrophe due to lights setting the dry tree on fire!

My brother asked if we are going to put lights up on our duplex this year. The thought didn't even occur to me considering it's a big NO-NO in apartment living. I am going to talk to our neighbor Francisco to see if he plans to hang lights. If not, it's fair game! Bring on the lights shopping!! :) It's especially nice considering our duplex is only one story so hanging lights will be no big deal. That's what I have a husband for anyway, right?

NOTE: Shopping for outside lights should be interesting. Kevin likes blue lights. I like red & white alternating lights. If he can't have blue, he'd like red & green alternating lights. If I can't have red & white alternating lights, I'd like plain white or multi-color. Hummm....should be interesting.

Thanksgiving is on Thursday then I can listen to all the Christmas music I want and I can finally decorate our new place for Christmas. I couldn't be more excited!!

2 comments:

  1. I say compromise, draw straws for this years lights and alternate every year as to who's lights go up! And you won't have to buy the other persons lights till the after Christmas sales and you'll get them really cheap for next years delights!! Love ya Mom PS this is just a suggestion!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A dwight ornament? yikes!
    Love, your other mom

    ReplyDelete